Risk Analyst in Zug
In this function you will work in the risk management team and will report to the department head as well as to head of trading, CFO and CEO.
Your responsibilities will mainly include:
• Daily review of the trading P&L’s to ensure correctness and completeness, covering also the correct valuation of open physical and paper positions at market value as well as associated cost of sales
• Daily reconciliation procedure of analyzed figures with responsible traders as well as month-end reconciliation with accounting department and reconciliation of intercompany positions; also monitoring of daily positions of paper hedge positions (swaps and futures) and reconciliation with brokers,
• Regular review of storage positions with all movements on a daily basis such as lifting, discharges, month-end rollover stock positions
• Production of various reports to traders and management such as exposure reports, weekly bank positions reports, VaR reports.
• Ad hoc analysis of markets, products, business cases to support the traders
• Daily review and upload of market prices into the trading system (Solarc), with setup of new curves (spot/forward) for new market locations and products
• A qualified accounting and or controlling background and education (e.g. degree in economics, accounting degree), good mathematical and analytical skills (Value at Risk, volatilities, correlations)
• At least 3 years experience in a similar function, preferably in risk management area with an international trading company; physical trading of energy with overall knowledge in trading processes (operations, logistics, shipping, storage, financing, hedging), good understanding of commodity valuation, risk metrics of a trading company (operational, price, counterparty, base and currency risks) and very good business English with clear and concise writing skills required daily
• Knowledge of German and other languages would be an advantage
• IT literate in Excel and Business objects, preferably also in ETRM trading systems (SolArc, Tempest, Endur etc.)
• Strong communication skills
• Capable of building working relationships in an international environment
• Self-motivated, results-oriented problem solver
• Commercially driven, hands-on, reliable team player
The companies offer:
• Key role in with daily interaction to accounting, trade finance, operations and trading team as well as with colleagues in the U.S. and in Singapore
• career opportunity in an international trading company and dynamic environment
• Competitive salary and benefits
If you want to become part of a very team-oriented, flat, young and dynamic organization where your contribution will be recognized and rewarded, please contact us.
Send a copy of your current CV in English and your references in confidence to the following address:
email@example.com / 041 726 10 40